Skip to content
Oriental Chicken Pita Recipe
Oriental Chicken Pita ingredients
- 600 g of chicken fillet
- ½ dl food yogurt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sumac (Sumac is a spice made on small dried sour and fruity berries)
- 2 dl cream Fraiche
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 large pita breads
How to prepare
- Cut the chicken into strips. Put yogurt, turmeric, and cumin in one bowl.
- Squeeze in garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the chicken and let marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Then fry in a frying pan. Cut tomatoes and cucumber into smaller pieces and place in a bowl. Chop the onion finely and place along with parsley and sumac.
- Mix and taste with salt and pepper. Stir together crème Fraiche, tahini, and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Put salad, chicken and vegetables on pita bread. Add
sauce. Roll up and enjoy!