This good accessory can be served both hot and cold. Spicy sumak, which is part of the seasoning in this recipe, is a small red berry that grows wild in the Mediterranean, the taste is fresh and sour with clear citrus tones. Sumak is an important part of the famous spice mix Zaátar from the Middle East.
Roasted Oriental Carrots ingredients
- Citrus Vinaigrette, 6 x 1L 140 ml
- Pepper seasoning 2 x 0.75 kg 30 g
- Salt 15 g
- Lemon juice freshly squeezed 50 g
- seasoning mix
- Carrots 1.50 kg
- Sumak 9 g
- Cumin 3 g
- Coriander seeds, ground 3 g
How to prepare
- Mix Citrus Vinaigrette with Pepper Spice puree, salt, and lemon juice. Mix the spices together.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into suitable pieces.
- Mix carrots with the dressing and roast on GN ink oven at 210 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Add 2/3 of the spices to the carrots, mix together and roast the carrots for another 5-10 minutes.
- For serving
- Serve the carrots with roasted melon kernels and the remaining amount of spice mix.