There are so many recipes out there that include chocolate, and granted, most of them are absolutely delicious. But what about a recipe that features both chocolate and nuts? If you haven’t tried this combination, you’re in for a real treat!
These recipes combine the sweetness of chocolate with the crunchiness of nuts, resulting in a dish that is sure to satisfy your cravings. So if you’re looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy chocolate, be sure to try one of these recipes!
1. Creamy Caramel Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
Decadent, fudgy chocolate brownies, rich peanut butter flavour, and gooey caramel come together in these irresistible Caramel Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Bites! Serve them as a sweet treat or try them with ice cream for an indulgent dessert.
If you’re looking for a new favourite brownie recipe, this is it! These brownies are so good, they’ll have you reaching for seconds…or thirds!
- 1 Brownie mix kit (plus extra ingredients stated on pack)
- 500g peanut butter
- 120g butter, softened
- 130g icing sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 240g or 2 x Lily O’Brien’s Creamy Caramel Share Bags, roughly chopped
- 100g Lily O’Brien’s Dark Chocolate Baking Drops, roughly chopped
- 180ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan and line a 20cm x 20cm wide tin with parchment paper.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package instructions. Pour batter into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean – this will be around 20 minutes. Let the brownie base cool completely in the tin.
- Combine peanut butter and butter in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar, vanilla, 2 tablespoons of milk and mix until smooth and fluffy. Add a third tablespoon of milk if the mixture looks a little too thick to be spreadable.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture over the top of the cooled brownie.
- Place both types of chocolate in a medium, microwave safe bowl along with the double cream. Microwave in 30 second bursts stirring in between until the cream is warm enough to melt the chocolate. Stir thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the peanut butter layer, making sure it covers the top evenly.
- Place the tin in the fridge for 15-20 minutes until the topping has set. Carefully lift the brownie out of the tin and slice into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 3-4 days, or 7 days if kept in the fridge.
2. Indulgent Chocolate Covered Brazils
The easiest recipe on the list! Perfect for packing in lunch boxes or taking on road trips. These delicious chocolate covered nuts are so rich and decadent, a few will satisfy your sweet tooth without leaving you feeling guilty. So go ahead and indulge!
- 1 Lily O’Brien’s Crispy Butterscotch Share Bag
- 1 Lily O’Brien’s 70% Dark Belgian Chocolate Share Bag
- 140g whole brazil nuts, shelled
- Roughly chop and place each of the Lily O’Brien’s Chocolates separately into 2 microwaveable bowls and microwave each for 30 second bursts, stirring in between, until all the chocolate has melted.
- Divide your brazils and place half into each of the bowls of chocolate, stirring gently to make sure each brazil is evenly coated.
- Using a fork, remove each chocolate coated brazil from the bowl, letting any excess chocolate drip from the fork before placing onto a piece of baking paper.
- Leave to set at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container and eat within a week
3. Crunchy Salted Almond Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies
What better way to enjoy your favourite chocolate than encasing it in a cookie? These crunchy salted almond chocolate and hazelnut cookies are the perfect treat for any chocolate lover.
Ideal for any occasion, and they make a great gift for friends and family! If you’re looking for a unique and delicious cookie gift (or just a decadent treat for yourself), look no further than this simple recipe. You won’t be disappointed.
- 250g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g unsalted butter
- 250g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 40g chopped hazelnuts
- 165g Lily O’Brien’s Crunchy Salted Almond Chocolate (2 share bags will be enough with some left over to snack on)
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set to one side.
- Using a stand mixer, place the butter and sugar into the bowl and beat on medium-high speed for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low and mix in the egg until completely combined then add in the almond extract.
- Add dry ingredients to your mixture on a low speed until just incorporated and a dough forms.
- Cover your bowl in a layer of plastic wrap and place in the fridge for around 20-30 minutes until it’s firm enough to handle.
- Preheat your oven to 190C / 170C Fan and line two baking trays with baking parchment. Place your chopped hazelnuts on a small plate or in a shallow bowl.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a small spoon, scoop out two equal portions of dough for each cookie. Roll the dough between your palms to create a small ball then flatten slightly into a disc shape.
- Press one Lily O’Brien’s chocolate into the centre of one disc of cookie dough, then add a second piece of dough on top, sealing around the edges so no chocolate is visible.
- Dip the top of each filled cookie into the chopped hazelnuts and place onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Continue with the remaining dough, leaving 3-4 inches around each dough ball on the baking tray as these will spread quite a lot once baked.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden colour and the edges are just beginning to brown.
- Leave your cookies to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. These will keep well in an airtight container for three days.
Treat Yourself Today!
So, what are you waiting for? Get your aprons on and get baking! These recipes are sure to drive everyone NUTS at your next gathering, no matter the occasion. And don’t forget to shop now at Lily O’Briens for all of the best chocolate gifts and ingredients, from chocolate hampers to everything you will need to make these delicious recipes. We know you’ll love our products as much as we do. Happy baking!